My other dip calls for creamed spinach, which I don’t always have on hand. I loved that this recipe uses ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
You can use frozen spinach or fresh. I love the taste of fresh and always have it on hand. I think I need a bigger bowl though to stir it all together. Don’t worry, the spinach cooks down while baking.And if you see my body double out there somewhere…let me know.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well) OR 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or more to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degress. In a medium bowl, warm cream cheese in microwave for about a minute to soften. Add spinach, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, and parmesan. Mix all together and add garlic salt and cayenne to taste. Don’t worry, if using fresh spinach it will reduce down while cooking.
- Place in an oven safe dish and bake in the oven at for about 20 minutes or until the top is toasty. If you’re using fresh spinach bake for 20 minutes, stir, and bake for an additional 10 minutes if needed.
- Serve with bread, chips or veggies.
- Kendee likes to thinly slice crusty bread, spritz it with olive oil and lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper on top. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for a couple of minutes until the tops are barely toasted.